Below are topics for research. Students can write a paper or create a multi-media presentation about one or more of these topics.
- Find out more about kibbutz life and how children were involved in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Find out more about the history of the Haganah. When and why was it founded? What are some of the important events associated with the Haganah?
- Find out more about the Nazi rise to power in Germany.
- Find out more about the life, work, and writings of Dr. Janusz Korczak.
- Find out more about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. In what ways was the uprising a success?
- Find out more about the British immigration policy to the Mandate for Palestine.
- Find out about ways that the Holocaust is commemorated in your community, for example through ceremonies at your school, local museums, memorials, etc. What do you think is the best way to commemorate the Holocaust?