Below are topics for research. Students can write a paper or create a multi-media presentation about one or more of these topics.
- Find out more about the history of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, and describe the resulting conditions in Poland under Soviet rule.
- Find out more about the Nazi racial policies against Jews in the various countries occupied during World War II.
- Find out more about the Judenrat and describe some of the moral dilemmas the councils faced in carrying out Nazi orders.
- Find out more about Jewish partisans. Describe some of the actions they took to fight against the Nazis.
- Describe some other similar examples of what Jews did to resist the Nazis, confronting death with dignity and defiance.
- Find out more about the title of “Righteous Among the Nations.” When, why, and by whom was this honor created? Research the criteria necessary for being honored with this title.
- Find out more about the conditions of life for survivors after the Holocaust. What are some of the challenges they faced?
- Find out more about why the British prevented immigration to the Mandate for Palestine, and explain the role Cyprus played for Holocaust survivors after the war.