Below are topics for research. Students can write a paper or create a multi-media presentation about one or more of these topics.
- Find out more about Chassidism and its origins.
- Why would Yisrael’s family allow him to have a bar mitzvah under such dangerous circumstances?
- Find out some other examples of religious defiance of the Nazis.
- Find out more about the Warsaw Ghetto. What were the physical conditions? What self-help organizations did Jews establish in order to cope with their circumstances?
- Find out more about the rewards that Nazis offered to people who would turn in Jews.Find out more about the death camp, Auschwitz.
- Find out more about the partisans. Why were some partisan groups specifically Jewish? What other kinds of groups were represented among the partisans?
- Find out more about the circumstances that Jews faced at the end of the war. Were they able to return to their homes?